CLASSIFICATION APPEAL PROCEDURE
Appeals must be submitted, in writing, to the appropriate Program Classification Committee Chairperson (see below). Absolutely no information will be taken over the phone. Any coach has the right to appeal a decision made by a Program Committee or Program Director, in writing, to the Executive State Director of Washington.
The information needed that must be furnished in the letter is:
- Date, name and location of USSSA tournaments played.
- Classification participated in (example: ‘D’ only, ‘B’-‘C’ equalizer, etc.).
- Tournament record.
- Names of teams played against and scores of the games.
- Roster additions or deletions. (Where player previously played).
- Results from any tournament prior to the March 1st and after Labor Day will not be considered for appeal. (Men’s Program only).
The program classification committees conduct periodic reviews of the team’s classification and have the authority to reclassify and require any team to play up at the next highest level at any point during the season. If a team has reason to believe that it has been misclassified, it may deliver a written petition (using the appeal process spelled out above) to the appropriate program classification chairperson requesting a review. Teams may play up, in a higher classified tournament, but may not play down in a lower classified tournament.
ALL CLASSIFICATION REQUESTS SHOULD BE SENT TO THE WOMEN'S PROGRAM DIRECTOR, IN CARE OF:
WOMENS PROGRAM EMAILS:
Women's Program Director
Assistant Women’s Director